1. Find an orchard that looks like it could be the setting of a fairy tale…is this real life?
2. Eat a handful of apple cider doughnuts, and then take advantage of your sugar high by posing as a farm animal.
3. Respect the rules. Unless the rules say “No Tree Climbing” and “No Apple Throwing.” That’s just silly.
4. Set out into the orchard, map in hand so you don’t get lost – The Main Road and Apple Tree Lane look strikingly similar.
5. If you find a pile of rocks, climb to the top and take lots of pictures…this is an experience you won’t want to forget!
6. Make sure you have a pretty awesome pose planned for the moment that you find the perfect apple.
7. If you forgot to think of a pretty awesome pose, just hold the apple up and look at it like you’ve never seen anything quite so beautiful/shocking.
8. Remember…not all apples require that apple picking thing…sometimes you can reach right up and grab them!
9. But if you can’t reach the perfect apple, don’t hesitate to break the rules! After all, that’s what they are there for.
10. If you’re hungry, eat an apple. If you’re REALLY hungry, eat the apple before you pick it off the tree. Don’t worry, they’re organic!
11. Once you’ve pretty much exhausted the apple orchard, don’t be sad! You still have the pumpkin patch to explore! To find the perfect pumpkin, practice holding it in all different positions to see if it is in fact your pumpkin soul mate.
12. When all else fails, take an Instagram photo. Noting says “Fall” like a yellow tinted picture of plaid shirts and pumpkins.
Now that you have 18 to 25 pounds of apples, it’s time to eat them!! Here are some recipes that I’ve been dying to try this fall:
Spiced Maple Roasted Apple and Squash Salad is the perfect fall meal.
Homemade Apple Butter makes a perfect gift!
The cutest hand pies I’ve ever seen – Apple Pie Cookies!
Apple Cider Margaritas from Jessica. I swear, this girl is a genius.
This Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Bacon is a great side dish…or an entire meal if you’re like me.
A Healthy little Apple Cinnamon Cake with my favorite ingredient: Almond Butter!
I love finding new apple pie recipes and this Apple Cider Cream Pie looks delish!
And I can’t forget my old favorite from last year – Cheddar Crusted Apple Pie.